Monday, January 29, 2007

...Is falling down, Thursday 1-18-07

We’re sitting in Heathrow airport right now waiting on our delayed flight to Larnaca, Cyprus. Yesterday was our second and final day in London and we spent it in the British Museum. It was incredible to see the ever- controversial Elgin marbles (Parthenon sculptures) in person. I was shocked by how huge the British Museum’s collection is. We spent all day and didn’t even see everything Greek and Roman there.
Last night on the way to the Tower of London with a few friends, I pulled the ultimate American tourist move. Walking through a London business district, I noticed the seals of the Hogwarts houses hanging in an office building. I guess I pointed it out a little too enthusiastically because I realized that an entire bus stop full of people was staring at us. It was later pointed out to me that that was the Warner Brothers building.

No comments: