We went to Marathon today. The Battle of Marathon is the famous battle where the Greeks, outnumbered 3:1, beat the Persians with their brilliant military tactics. Plataea was one of the city states helping the Athenians in battle. At the site, there is an excavated tumulus for the Plataean soldiers who died in the battle. The skeletons have been left where they were found and we were able to go in and look in each grave. When I was looking at one of the skeletons I saw a huge rat pop its head out of the eye socket of the skull. Then it popped all the way out and ran into a crack in the wall. It was so disgusting!!
I've also resorted to doing just about whatever it takes to upload pictures. I have really bad luck doing it. Tonight we went to McDonald's to use the free AthensWiFi. Then when that wasn't working so well, I put my raincoat over my computer and ran to a bus stop to work. Then when that got too cold we moved again with the raincoat to the "work watering hole for the upwardly mobile" in Syntagma Square. It's sad but it's getting the job done!
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahh! I'm so glad you're having fun, I like reading about your adventures. My only complaint: your webshots link doesn't work. I want to see pictures! Especially if you're going to such great lengths to upload them!
Love, Rosemary
p.s. I got skype. You should too.
Post a Comment