We got back from Spring break almost a week ago. It took a while to transition back into the swing of things but everything is back to normal now. Now we’re in our short tour of Northern Greece. We have one more night in a Greek hotel then we’re getting on a ferry for Italy.
Northern Greece has been pretty uneventful so far. On Sunday (March 25th) was Greek Independence Day. We celebrated with a free day in Thessaloniki, which is the second largest city in Greece. Jeanna, Jess and I went down to the water to see the parade. This was my second Greek parade experience and was significantly less funny. For the first half, men and women wearing traditional dress from all the regions in Greece paraded down the road then the second half was full of every student over the age of 12 in the whole city, I’m pretty sure. Besides some great mullets and the Lesbians (citizens of the island of Lesbos) in tradition clothes, it wasn’t too exciting. I did get to see a man selling a device that would roll prefect grape leaves on its own.
Right now I’m trying to get in all of my favorite Greek food so I really will be ready to go to Italy. Last night I had souvlaki and ice cream from “The Daily Pleasure” (a great brand!), tonight I got kok for dessert. I just have to get kateifi (a hairy pastry, with angel hair pasty and honey) and then I’ll be good to go.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment